Diabetes is an incredibly common disease in America, affecting millions every year. At Caduceus Pharmacy, we believe that a comprehensive education on both type 1 and type 2 diabetes can help with both prevention and management. As an American Association of Diabetic Education (AADE) accredited diabetes education center, we are here to help you through the treatment and management of your diabetes.
Facts about diabetes:
- More than 29 million people in the United States have type 2 diabetes
- More than 1.25 million people in the United States have type 1 diabetes
- Almost a third of diabetic people are unaware that they have diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes can often be prevented with moderate weight loss and exercise
- Diabetes education and counseling can be tremendously helpful in treatment
- In Florida, it's estimated that over 2.4 million people have diabetes and over 5.8 million have prediabetes.
- Over the past 20 years, the prevalence of diagnosed diabetes among Florida adults has more than doubled, increasing from 5.2% to 11.2%.
To find out more about diabetes treatment or how we can help you, reach out to our friendly team today. Our experienced and knowledgeable team would be happy to speak with you.